If you are getting older and having trouble staying on top of life at home, a little help can make a huge difference. Our responsive and professional home care services will keep you comfortable and independent in your own home.
What kind of care can I expect from home care services?
Everyone’s needs are different, which is why our services are flexible. They can be tailored to keep you living life the way you choose at home.
We can assist with:
- Getting around: travel to and from your appointments, do the grocery shopping, go to the hairdresser, visit friends and family and more.
- Domestic assistance: get help with your daily routine around the house including cleaning, laundry, cooking, getting ready in the morning, preparing for bed, showering and more.
- Health and wellbeing: get assistance with your medication, support with rehabilitation or exercise programs, help organising medical appointments, someone to stay with you overnight and more.
- Fun, family and friends: visit your family and friends, get actively involved in your hobbies, learn to use technology to stay in touch, and get out and about in your community.
- Caring for your carers: if you’re caring for someone—a family member, friend, or loved one—we can provide you with a break from your care responsibilities.
- Referrals: to other third-party nursing services.
Whether your needs are basic or complex, our range of coordinated services and supports can be provided as a one-off visit, or on a regular, ongoing basis.
We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year across Melbourne and regional Victoria, so you can be assured of ongoing support whenever you need it.
How much does home care cost?
Our services are always available for you to purchase. You do not require a referral to access home care services and there is no waiting list. You can simply ‘pay as you go’ whenever you need support at home.
Whatever your needs, requirements or budget, all of our services are designed with the flexibility to suit your personal circumstances.
Every fee-paying service that we offer can be used in addition to any other government-funded services you may be receiving.
For example, you can purchase more home care services if you need more support than is funded by your Home Care Package, or when you need support while waiting for your Home Care Package to become available.
For more information on our services and fees, please request a copy of our Fees Schedule.
How do I choose Southern Cross Care (Vic) as my care provider?
When you decide that Southern Cross Care (Vic) is the right provider for you, contact our Client Support Team at your local Southern Cross Care (Vic) office to arrange for care services to start. Or, make a time for our Care Manager to visit you at home to discuss your needs.