Staying active is a major part of maintaining your independence as an older person; however, it's not always easy to find exercise programs that suit your physical needs and preferences.
The Southern Cross Care (Vic) Wellness Centre offers a range of health and fitness programs for people over the age of 65.
By participating in specially designed classes at the Wellness Centre, you can:
- maintain your independence and quality of life
- increase your fitness levels
- meet new friends.
Our health professionals will assess your current health and fitness to create an individualised exercise program for you.
Classes at the Wellness Centre
Choose from a range of classes including:
- Tai chi: to improve balance and concentration through gentle exercise of the mind and body
- Strength and balance: to gain muscle tone, stability and coordination through personalised, gym-based exercise
- Walking group: to improve cardiovascular endurance and confidence outdoors by walking and talking your way to fitness. Classes are offered for different levels of fitness
- Individual physiotherapy sessions: for people over the age of 65 with complex health care needs. Please note, a doctor’s approval may be required for participation in physiotherapy sessions.
Location & Contact details
Level 2, 110 Chifley Drive, Preston 3072.
The Wellness Centre is open on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday from 9.30am to 2.30pm.
For more information, please call 1300 478 776 or make an enquiry.